Wednesday, February 4, 2009

our conversation went something like this:


...all day long.

blue: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhmomma."
(arriving 6 am in arms of big brother, whose turn it is to get up with him, but who isn't "feeling it" this morning.)

me: "hi, baby," (eyes closed), "you wanna nurse?"

blue: "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmomma." (squirreling between our sheets and nuzzling into me.)

a few minutes later, finished, i think.

blue: "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmomma."

me: "what, baby, you feel yuck?"

blue: (more insistent, yanking at my shirt, demanding more.
daddy has rolled practically off the bed to get some space.) "nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhmomma!"

me: (eyes closed. getting grumpy. gotta stop staying up so late/early!) "what, baby? all done."

blue: "ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohmomma!" (no longer sweet; quite perturbed.)

me: (can you hide under the covers when the "seeker" is under there, too?)
"what, baby boy? you wanna watch a show?"
(can't remember what comes on at this hour, but i'm sure it's educational with no objectionable content and my resolve has withered...)

blue: (not taking "all done" for an answer.) "nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhmomma!!!"

me: no words needed. we're nursing again.

baby boy isn't feeling too hot today. or yesterday. this routine repeated itself (minus the comfy bed, of course) about every hour and a half... interrupted by a few alternative calls for "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanna!"
she's happy to be his "other momma." we kept at it, stopping a couple times for catnaps, until we gave up and hit the park. where he wrapped himself around my leg for an hour.

we came home and threw together dinner for sweet dad and the kids; i had photography mentoring tonight.

during which time blue was perfectly happy to run around and watch dad play guitar hero world tour on the wii with the bigs.

and i wouldn't trade this day for a million "easy" ones.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I had to smile at your nursing boy. As I am working on relactating for our little one coming from Ethiopia,
it helps to think "nursing thoughts"!

Funchaosx4 said...

While I don't feel the desire to add to the gang here, there is nothing like a nursing story to make you miss a "baby"! Sick days or not.