Tuesday, October 21, 2008

yumminess.

it's Autumn! this makes me so happy. it's even felt a bit like autumn lately. (a true gift for us floridians.) if you can't tell by looking at anything in my near vicinity, i am obsessed with anything autumn. it's in my coloring - i think God expected me to love it. i wanted to name my daughter autumn (i still hold that against my husband - although my princess is definitely meant to be anna.) this week we've made pumpkin biscuits, roasted squash, autumn soups, and this dish of morning happiness.
oatmeal with chopped walnuts, peaches, and (i swear it was the kids' idea) fresh grated nutmeg - dosed with maple syrup and half-and-half. now this is autumn in a breakfast bowl. now i'm off to roast that cinderella pumpkin.

and by the way - GO MAKE THIS. cut a butternut squash in half the long way. scoop out the seeds and pulp - discard. drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. roast at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes - give or take. (it should be golden brown and soft!!) grab a few spoons and share - but you won't want to.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I love baked squashes! It has taken me a while to get it right though. I'm still not perfect, my spaghetti squash just doesn't turn out sometimes...