Sunday, October 19, 2008

Christmas is here early...

Well, it oughta be, since they start hanging bats and pumpkins in the department stores, like, in August!
Actually, in our house, this last week has felt a bit like Christmas, and I'm just now beginning to "unwrap" all the gifts... so I will be sharing with you as I do.
You may remember I wrote a while back about joining the TOS Crew, a group of homeschoolers writing reviews for selected homeschool products as part of an initiative from The Old Schoolhouse Magazine. It started with my first issue of the digital version of the magazine, which I really enjoyed. Speaking of which, hop on over and check out their Fall special...

The Old Schoolhouse Magazine's Fall Special:

You can get two years of the magazine, 6 fabulous physical
gifts (no downloads!) worth over $120, plus the current issue of The
Old Schoolhouse Magazine that is full of ideas for the new school
year, so you start receiving your magazine in a flash!


It really is one of their best deals ever and you don't want to miss
out. In fact, they've got a really cute Homeschooling with Heart tote
bag (valued at $13.95) for the first 1000 to subscribe. About half of
them are gone, but you should still be able to get one if you hurry!
(They will remove the info from the subscription page when the bags
are all gone.) The total value is over $212, but you receive it all
for only $39 - 50% off of cover price! Plus subscribers get their
online monthly Teacher's Toolbox which focuses on a different topic
each month, giving you words of encouragement, hands-on teaching
ideas, book recommendations, field trip ideas, and a bonus download
item.


For those of you who've been on the homeschool journey for a while, this magazine will be a familiar name. If it isn't, it's chock-full of resources, encouraging tips, and articles from parents like us "in the trenches." And being that they've spoiled us reviewers, I received the cute little tote bag this week. It was great fun to pull it out and use it as one of our "green" bags at the grocery this week! They're known for their awesome giveaways with subscriptions, so if you are looking for some refreshment, head over HERE and grab this up.

I wasn't kidding, either, when I said Christmas has arrived. I was so excited to recieve a FEDEX package this week containing a brand new kid-friendly Nativity Set to review! I LOVE Nativity sets - I bought myself the Little People one a few years ago (and my husband makes me share with the kids - imagine the nerve!!). I especially love ones the kids can handle - they really enjoy setting them up and re-enacting the story time and again. Look for my review later this week on this cool early "present!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Every year Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier. You can guarantee after one Christmas has past within a short period of time plans are being made for the following Christmas.

Buying for some members of the family can be very hard and it takes a lot of inspiration and ideas to actually think of what to purchase.

Thats why websites such as I want one of those come in really handy when you have ran out of ideas.

If you have young children gadgets and gizmos are the place to start and you can guarantee a happy smile come Christmas Day.

Christiana said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! To get the direct link for each post, just hover over the title, and then right click. You should see an option to copy the link location. Hope this helps! :)