Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Good morning, Papa...

8 Do not hold against us the sins of the fathers; 
       may your mercy come quickly to meet us, 
       for we are in desperate need.

 9 Help us, O God our Savior, 
       for the glory of your name; 
       deliver us and forgive our sins 
       for your name's sake.

So often I fear I will not be able to break loose from the sinful patterns of my past (especially in the area of parenting!!) and I place the same fears for my husband on the table. I am reminded again that I NEED to be honest with Jesus and tell Him so- and believe He not only has the power, but desires to break those strongholds.  It is for the glory of His name, and I can cling to that even when my own fear and doubt would make me believe all is hopeless!!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I love this! I too need to remember this as I pray for my grown children to be healed and delivered from the sins of past generations!! Yvonne Franklin, TN